Democrat From Kentucky


Democrat from Kentucky
We promote fair and honest political discussion from all sides of the ideological spectrum While my own opinions and my contributors tend toward a more progressive view, that's not always the case. I ask people to comment freely and openly to promote fair discourse.
Top US stories
 


Previous Posts


Newsletter Calls
My God How the Money Rolls in
Coretta Scott King Dies
Why We Fight
Senate Votes Not To Extend Debate
Rep. Marty Meehan Spins His Wikipedia Listing
Ken Lucas Running For Ky. 4th
GOP Lawmakers Wanna See Abramoff/Bush Records
"Palace Revolt"
Washington State Gay Rights: They're Winning

Google


Alito's In Tuesday, January 31, 2006

It comes as no great surprise Samuel Alito was sworn in as an associate justice of SCOTUS. I really, most sincerely hope this isn't the beginning of the end of the nation we've enjoyed and love but it doesn't look hopeful does it.

Our only hope is that changes occur in Congress in the coming months, that perhaps they can muster the strength to challenge the power of the Bush administration. At this point, it seems like they don't have it. Some Democrats voted against Alito but it wasn't enough.

What this means is we need to fight harder, muster more support, gather more strength and continue the fight. The lines have been drawn, the trenches have been dug and we are the front lines.

I could rant and give pep talk but I won't be long winded (lord knows I could) but I will say this: People are measured by their actions, societies are measure by achievements, a nation is measured by the people and the society they become. Our nation is full of people who overcame the odds, who achieved something more. Our nation is not the underdog anymore. We've not been for a long time. But we still have something to prove. The Great Experiment is not over. We must prevail.

Technorati Tags: , ,


posted by Stithmeister @ 8:49 PM
 
0 Comments:


Post a Comment

<< Home


Name:
Location: Harrodsburg, Kentucky, United States

I'm currently working in the telecomm industry but one of my passions is still politics.



Weekly Poll


Drop Me A Line

Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Atom Site Feed





<

Kentucky Blogs



National Blogs



Kentucky News



National News



Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com