Democrat From Kentucky


Democrat from Kentucky
We promote fair and honest political discussion from all sides of the ideological spectrum While my own opinions and my contributors tend toward a more progressive view, that's not always the case. I ask people to comment freely and openly to promote fair discourse.
Top US stories
 


Previous Posts


Patriot Act Goes Virtually Unchanged
Judge Rules Against Fletcher
Louisville Senate District To Finally Be Decided
A Constitutional Amendment we should all support
Storms Across Kentucky
Kentucky Democratic Call To Arms
Bill O'Reilly Wants Terrorists To Hit San Francisco
Eyeing Gulf Coast Reconstruction
Ron Lewis Already Going After Weaver
Louisville Smoking Ban Starts Today

Google


Following A Ship Of Fools Thursday, November 17, 2005

A website designed to poke fun at organized religion found its way into my radar. The site, ShipOfFools is quite amusing. They've got all kinds of good cynical stuff regarding religion. They also have a joke page called Laugh Judgement.

I grabbed the joke they called #1:

No. 1: Man on a bridge

Written by the comedian Emo Philips. 65% of people thought this was funny or very funny

I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump. I ran over and said: "Stop. Don't do it."

"Why shouldn't I?" he asked.

"Well, there's so much to live for!"

"Like what?"

"Are you religious?"

He said, "Yes."

I said, "Me too. Are you Christian or Buddhist?"

"Christian."

"Me too. Are you Catholic or Protestant?"

"Protestant."

"Me too. Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?"

"Baptist."

"Wow. Me too. Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?"

"Baptist Church of God."

"Me too. Are you original Baptist Church of God, or are you Reformed Baptist Church of God?"

"Reformed Baptist Church of God."

"Me too. Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915?"

He said: "Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915."

I said: "Die, heretic scum," and pushed him off.


For most, Emo Phillips is an acquired taste but the joke isn't bad. It also illustrates something this country may be approaching in it's own religious issues.


posted by Stithmeister @ 1:40 PM
 
0 Comments:


Post a Comment

<< Home


Name:
Location: Harrodsburg, Kentucky, United States

I'm currently working in the telecomm industry but one of my passions is still politics.



Weekly Poll


Drop Me A Line

Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Atom Site Feed





<

Kentucky Blogs



National Blogs



Kentucky News



National News



Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com