Democrat From Kentucky


Democrat from Kentucky
We promote fair and honest political discussion from all sides of the ideological spectrum While my own opinions and my contributors tend toward a more progressive view, that's not always the case. I ask people to comment freely and openly to promote fair discourse.
Top US stories
 


Previous Posts


A lot to cover
Real IDs
The Flip Flopping Shrub
Podcasting
Karl Rove's Best Defense? Himself
Arraignments Abound
The Floyd County Prison Incident
All 2 Term Presidents Need A Good Scandal: Now Bus...
Explosions In London
New Things...

Google


Blast off...What dreams are made of... Monday, July 25, 2005

I write frequently about politics and it's something I'm terribly interested in. The reason I'm so interested in it because I maintain a fairly youthful idealism. I'm actually listening to music from Camelot right now. The reason I right is to offer hope and support and prayer even to what happens tomorrow morning at Kennedy Space Center in about 12 hours. The Space Shuttle Discovery will blast off tomorrow for its first mission since the destruction of the Columbia.

Some may think I'm full of it but I think NASA and the space program is one of the most important things in our country and the world. Some may argue it's a bloated buracratic entity that takes entirely too much money. That might be true but the payoff is worth it. NASA has had disasters in recent years but the program must continues. I rarely agree with Bush on much of anything but I agreed with him when he spoke after the Columbia disaster. The program will go on, must go on. It's the future of American and the world.

The space program represents the very concept America was founded on: Hope, dreams and imagination and the concept that there's something better out there. Exploration is probably the strongest drive in human nature, it's the drive for knowledge, to see what's just over that hill. When man ate from the probverbial tree of knowledge, it me him aware of himself but it also made him aware of everything else and gave him the drive to go further and further. Man crossed the never-ending oceans and the vast lands. As the space shuttle program begins to wind down and other ships move in to replace the shuttle either through NASA or some private means, humans must dream and imagine and this what this is.

Thanks to all the astronauts who've gone before and God's speed to those who lift off in the morning. We pray for your safe return. The hopes of the world ride on your shoulders and strong shoulders those are indeed.


posted by Stithmeister @ 10:11 PM
 
0 Comments:


Post a Comment

<< Home


Name:
Location: Harrodsburg, Kentucky, United States

I'm currently working in the telecomm industry but one of my passions is still politics.



Weekly Poll


Drop Me A Line

Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Atom Site Feed





<

Kentucky Blogs



National Blogs



Kentucky News



National News



Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com