Democrat From Kentucky


Democrat from Kentucky
We promote fair and honest political discussion from all sides of the ideological spectrum While my own opinions and my contributors tend toward a more progressive view, that's not always the case. I ask people to comment freely and openly to promote fair discourse.
Top US stories
 


Previous Posts


New Things...
A New Look
SCOTUS WARS
Supreme Courts
What's the hurry Ernie?
State Supreme Court Scandal
A Straight Answer
Two Great American Historians...
Dirty Ernie and his Filchers
Kelo V New London

Google


Explosions In London Thursday, July 07, 2005

This morning on the way to work, I'm still not completely awake. It's a little muggy out and I head toward Lexington for my job. I turn on NPR and London's been bombed? WHAT? A new Al Quaeda group is claiming responsibility? DAMN IT! The G8 are meeting in Gleneagles Scotland to talk about world poverty and and global warming. The group wanted to make a statement and they did.

Londoners have been through these things before. The IRA have been haunting Britain for years and there are still more than a few who remember the blitz. I believe Al Quaeda needs to study their history. The English "never surrender". The went ape on Argentina over the Falklands, what do you think they'll do to people who attack their main island? I wasn't a bit supporter of the war in general but I also hate to see people get attacked. I sort of feel sorry for Al Quaeda now too. Because there are two parts to the old saying. The first was "the sun never sets on the British empire". Their enemies came up with another part of it and those enemies who were responsible for the attack would do well to take note. The second half is "because God doesn't trust and Englishman in the dark." Al Quaeda is going to find out why.


posted by Stithmeister @ 10:15 PM
 
1 Comments:

Links to this post:

<\$BlogBacklinkControl\$> <\$BlogBacklinkTitle\$> <\$BlogBacklinkDeleteIcon\$>
<\$BlogBacklinkSnippet\$>
posted by <\$BlogBacklinkAuthor\$> \@ <\$BlogBacklinkDateTime\$>

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
... Well.. The second part of the quaote had rather rude, sexual conotations. I'd rather prefer that the English NOT start sodomizing Al Queda. Though it might truely scare the Terrorist. There were some suggesting this was because of the G-8 summit. A small circle of friends, including a few Brits I know, believe it may be more Olympic connected.
In either case, it continues to show that Al Queda is athriw back to the dark ages who might only understand a Crusade reply to there Jyhad.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Name:
Location: Harrodsburg, Kentucky, United States

I'm currently working in the telecomm industry but one of my passions is still politics.



Weekly Poll


Drop Me A Line

Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Atom Site Feed





<

Kentucky Blogs



National Blogs



Kentucky News



National News



Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com