Democrat From Kentucky


Democrat from Kentucky
We promote fair and honest political discussion from all sides of the ideological spectrum While my own opinions and my contributors tend toward a more progressive view, that's not always the case. I ask people to comment freely and openly to promote fair discourse.
Top US stories
 


Previous Posts


Bush Tough On Gas Companies: BWAHAHAHA!!!
More Oil Insight...
Sunday Afternoon
Miss Kentucky Crowned Miss USA
Record Oil Prices And Bush Is Helpless
Jim Bunning One of 5 Worst Senators in the Nation
McClellan's Gone
Oil Prices Movin' On Up...
Thoughts For Harry Moberly
What's shakin' kids?

Google


It's been a while... Thursday, May 04, 2006

It's been a while since I've posted and for my regular readers (if there are any left) I apologize for my intermitten posting over the last few weeks. I've had a lot going on but I aim to rectify the problem.

One thing, as my pal Greymagius pointed out, is an insanely crappy senate bill, SB 1955. The Health Insurance Marketplace Modernization and Affordability Act, also called the Enzi bill(after it's primary sponsor, Michael Enzi, R- Wyoming).

Check out DailyKos for a little more info and details. Needless to say, this bill is pure unadulterated evil perpetrated by the Republican Senators (and one Democrat) to strip human beings of basic medical care. While I'm a little late on this, folks here in Kentucky could expect to lose silly little things like:

Alcoholism Treatment
Ambulatory Surgery
Bone Marrow Transplants
Bone Density Screening
Dental Anesthesia
Diabetic Supplies/Education
Emergency Services
Home Health Care
Mammography Screening
Mental Health (General)
Mental Health (Parity)
Metabolic Disorders (PKU)
Minimum Mastectomy Stay
Off-Label Drug Use
TMJ Disorders


So just remember, you lovely ladies out there will lose out on mammograms. We crazy people won't get our Ritalin and Prozac and your grandmother won't have that home health nurse to help take care of her. Did I mention that Medicaid is being cut, the states can't make up the difference and Medicare won't catch all the baby boomers. Really... this is just social Darwinism at its new high point.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

Technorati Tags: , , , ,


posted by Stithmeister @ 5:09 PM
 
0 Comments:


Post a Comment

<< Home


Name:
Location: Harrodsburg, Kentucky, United States

I'm currently working in the telecomm industry but one of my passions is still politics.



Weekly Poll


Drop Me A Line

Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Atom Site Feed





<

Kentucky Blogs



National Blogs



Kentucky News



National News



Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com