Democrat From Kentucky


Democrat from Kentucky
We promote fair and honest political discussion from all sides of the ideological spectrum While my own opinions and my contributors tend toward a more progressive view, that's not always the case. I ask people to comment freely and openly to promote fair discourse.
Top US stories
 


Previous Posts


Wiccan Soldier Can't Get Religious Symobl On Memorial
Kirby Puckett Dies...
South Dakota Legislature Needs To Be Aborted
Vendetta Is Coming
The weekend
Late Night Thread...
A late night open thread...
Senate Agrees to Patriot Act Renewal
A Busy Week In The Legislature
Katrina: Now We Know What Bush Knew...

Google


Falling behind... Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The last few days I've been falling behind on several bits of news. Honestly, it's tough to try and keep a blog going with a full time job. I will continue to post as I can, hopefully a few posts every day or nearly. My goal is to catch up a bit over the weekend on a wide variety of things.

Anyway...

The Senate Intelligence Committee bared their throat for the administration and dropped their trousers as they gave all semblence of being elected officials. They've agreed not to investigate and instead create and oversight committee, despite the administration's admitting they broke the law because they believed they were above it. And for all intents and purposes, based on this decision, they are. The President of these United States has been given absolute power without even the pretense any more.

They will hear us on the land and on the sea and the greatest fear in our nation shall be from the White House and that the madness of King George III has permeated our very fiber. The sad thing is it's not really madness. It's a complete and utter disregard for any citizen in this nation or the rights our founding fathers spilled their blood for, or even the greatest generation built our nation on.

Territory provides some more background, particularly regarding Hagel and Snowe statements from December. It's getting more and more difficult for us idealists to hang on to anything regarding hope as this thing continues on.

Certainly there are intellectual arguments to be made all across the blogosphere and we can hope that these folks will lose their jobs during election years but will the Democrats change anything really? I'd say not. I don't think we've progressed to the point other's suggest but I do think things are getting extraordinarily worse and they will. I just hope our people and our nation can survive long enough to make the changes we need to make to get things back on track.

I suppose I'm done ranting for the moment. My angry side is wanting to say rather awful things about the afterlife of the individuals who are in support of the president and his supreme executive power. Hell... I didn't know better, I'd say he believes same watery tart through a sword at him.


Technorati Tags: ,


posted by Stithmeister @ 10:45 PM
 
0 Comments:


Post a Comment

<< Home


Name:
Location: Harrodsburg, Kentucky, United States

I'm currently working in the telecomm industry but one of my passions is still politics.



Weekly Poll


Drop Me A Line

Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Atom Site Feed





<

Kentucky Blogs



National Blogs



Kentucky News



National News



Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com