Democrat From Kentucky


Democrat from Kentucky
We promote fair and honest political discussion from all sides of the ideological spectrum While my own opinions and my contributors tend toward a more progressive view, that's not always the case. I ask people to comment freely and openly to promote fair discourse.
Top US stories
 


Previous Posts


Jarrett's Joy Cart
Muslim Sororities
Your Topic
Polling Numbers Don't Look Good for Ky Repubs
What Other Rights Can the Patriot Act Strip
Tookie Williams: Dead Man Walking
Supreme Court to Review Texas Redistricting
Cory Maye: Another Mockingbird
Bill Frist On Torture and Alito
Secret Laws and Other Real Stuff Our Gov't Does

Google


Post 401 - Bush Knows Who The Leaker Is Wednesday, December 14, 2005

This is post 401 for the Democrat From Kentucky. I've been at it for a few months now and hopefully my stuff is stomachable. I'm considering a move of every so often, giving a friend with an opposing viewpoint a chance to speak his mind on an issue. He's generally conservative and it's not a done deal but it's something I'm considering. I'm also still working on the idea of a newsletter, I've just been busy lately as I've got plenty on my plate in addition to the blog. Now, on to the good stuff...

Bob Novak Says The President Know Who Leaked and I don't mean his bladder either. Bob Novak, the one who started the whole Valerie Plame affair by printing the information in his column way back when, said he thinks the president knows who the leaker is and should name them or say he doesn't know. The Washington Post has the story.

Novak said Tuesday that the public and press should be asking the president about the official rather than pressing journalists who received the information.

Novak also suggested that the administration official who gave him the information is the same person who mentioned Plame and her CIA role to Washington Post Assistant Managing Editor Bob Woodward in the summer of 2003.

"I'm confident the president knows who the source is," Novak told a luncheon audience at the John Locke Foundation in Raleigh, N.C., on Tuesday, according to an account published yesterday in the Raleigh News & Observer. "I'd be amazed if he doesn't."

"So I say, don't bug me. Don't bug Bob Woodward. Bug the president as to whether he should reveal who the source is," Novak said.

Sen. Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) sent a letter to Bush yesterday urging him to name the source and make public any disciplinary action taken, "in keeping with your stated desire to root out leaks."


[...]

Novak said in his speech that an investigation into his role in the Plame affair "snowballed out of proportion" as a result of a "campaign by the left." But he also blamed "extremely bad management of the issue by the White House," saying, "Once you give an issue to a special prosecutor, you lose control of it."


Novak is right about one thing. We, as citizens should be hammering the administration to find out who leaked all this. We're the one's he should be answerable too. It's interesting to see where this will go next. I rarely agree with Novak but he's right and this should have been at the administration's feet all the time. As I discussed with Cynicus and Greymagious months ago, we all thought this thing was going to be turned around and spun in a way to turn it away from the president. It's interesting that Novak has spun it back considering he was one of the people who helped start this whole mess. What fun.


posted by Stithmeister @ 11:30 PM
 
0 Comments:


Post a Comment

<< Home


Name:
Location: Harrodsburg, Kentucky, United States

I'm currently working in the telecomm industry but one of my passions is still politics.



Weekly Poll


Drop Me A Line

Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Atom Site Feed





<

Kentucky Blogs



National Blogs



Kentucky News



National News



Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com