Democrat From Kentucky


Democrat from Kentucky
We promote fair and honest political discussion from all sides of the ideological spectrum While my own opinions and my contributors tend toward a more progressive view, that's not always the case. I ask people to comment freely and openly to promote fair discourse.
Top US stories
 


Previous Posts


Reality Check On Democratic Fundraising
Evangelical Churches OR Classic Political Machine
Pat Robertson's Rants...
We All Miss A Veteran
Remembering those Veterans who came before and tho...
Consensus with a Republican on France? Oiu!
Pat Robertson's Comments About Dover
No New House Budget Measures
30th Anniversary of the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzge...
More Budget/ANWR News

Google


Heeb Magazine and Sarah Silverman Saturday, November 12, 2005

I generally stick to political topics as most people know. Every once and while, I run across something pretty amusing. Today it was Heeb Magazine, the New Jew Review. Sarah Silverman is on the cover in their first ever sex issue.

I've not picked up an issue and for some reason, I don't think Kroger will carry this one in the magazine section. Anyway, the part that caught my attention was the cover (surprise). Silverman has been getting a push recently. She has been doing some work on Comedy Central and she's got a movie coming out soon too called "Jesus is Magic." Her comedy is irreverant to put it mildly because she has absolutely no fear and is willing to say just about anything. It's refreshing to see somone go after the establishment with such vigor. She even got kicked off as a writer from SNL, not that they're terribly cutting edge anymore. They go through periods of glory but it never lasts for long.

I plan to check out the movie if I can although I'd say it will most likely be at the Kentucky around if it shows up in the Lexington area. It might just be funny, if not downright offensive.


posted by Stithmeister @ 3:34 PM
 
1 Comments:

Links to this post:

<\$BlogBacklinkControl\$> <\$BlogBacklinkTitle\$> <\$BlogBacklinkDeleteIcon\$>
<\$BlogBacklinkSnippet\$>
posted by <\$BlogBacklinkAuthor\$> \@ <\$BlogBacklinkDateTime\$>

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

At 6:38 PM, Blogger Danielle Solzman said...
I'm familiar with that magazine.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Name:
Location: Harrodsburg, Kentucky, United States

I'm currently working in the telecomm industry but one of my passions is still politics.



Weekly Poll


Drop Me A Line

Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Atom Site Feed





<

Kentucky Blogs



National Blogs



Kentucky News



National News



Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com