Democrat From Kentucky


Democrat from Kentucky
We promote fair and honest political discussion from all sides of the ideological spectrum While my own opinions and my contributors tend toward a more progressive view, that's not always the case. I ask people to comment freely and openly to promote fair discourse.
Top US stories
 


Previous Posts


Libby Pleads Not Guilty
Alito;s Record on Civil Rights
Political Bloggers In The House
Tom Delay Gets New Judge
Harry Reid Calls Closed Session, Ticks Off GOP
The Feds Favor Wal Mart
Rosa Parks In Honor
Issues Really Facing America
Bush Nominates Samuel Alito
Open Topic

Google


Cheney's Gulags Thursday, November 03, 2005

I've not posted on this yet because I was debating what to say. I guess the reason I blog and rant to people who might listen is because I'm an optimist and an idealist. I have a clear vision of the way things should be in the world. Things happen from time to time and I realize the world isn't a perfect place. Then other things happen and I start to question why we even exist? Because we're protected by God? I can't believe a benevolent diety would condone the things our country does. I understand many feel they do what they do so I can sleep at night. So I can afford my "free speech" and "free religion." But are any of those freedoms we claim to have worth the price we force others to pay? The price the disease infested, poverty ridden countries have to pay?

I suppose this is where I admit to being the bleeding heart liberal. The Washington Post ran a good article on other powers that be in the world looking into the matter. What they'll do if they find against the U.S. I'm not entirely sure of but I think this could go poorly for the administration.

I used to say Bush was the worst president since Warren G. Harding. Harding was a president legendary for his ineptness. Bush passes him by leaps and bounds. Grant did a better job drunk than this president does sober. Bush's nonchalantness and his total disinterest in foreign affairs may signal things I'm frightened to think of. They certainly don't bode well for the optimistic idealist.


posted by Stithmeister @ 10:04 PM
 
0 Comments:


Post a Comment

<< Home


Name:
Location: Harrodsburg, Kentucky, United States

I'm currently working in the telecomm industry but one of my passions is still politics.



Weekly Poll


Drop Me A Line

Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Atom Site Feed





<

Kentucky Blogs



National Blogs



Kentucky News



National News



Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com