Democrat From Kentucky


Democrat from Kentucky
We promote fair and honest political discussion from all sides of the ideological spectrum While my own opinions and my contributors tend toward a more progressive view, that's not always the case. I ask people to comment freely and openly to promote fair discourse.
Top US stories
 


Previous Posts


Bush Names Harriet Miers To Replace O'Connor
Bush Tied To Valerie Plame Affair
Bust Open The Doors
Gossip From Bluegrass Report
Letter To Bush From Christopher Bond and Patrick L...
Bush Administration Unhappy With Bennett
Delay's Getting a Free Ride in Mainstream Media
Bill Bennett And Aborting Black People
Top Republican Congressman Gay?
John Roberts Now Chief Justice John Roberts

Google


Hackett Running For U.S. Senate In Ohio Monday, October 03, 2005

Paul Hackett, the man who nearly beat the dealer in a vicious battle for Ohio's 2nd Congressional District, a dense Republican area, against Jean Schmidt, announced today he would be running for the U.S. Senate in 2006. Apparently, he's been to Washington to meet with Minority Leader Harry Reid, D - Nev, and is ready to start the battle again.

I picked up the story from MyDD and they led me to OhioNewsNow.

I'd say he's got a shot at it since some parts of Ohio are Democrat and he's got the some moral high ground here to combat a weakened Republican army in Ohio. I could easily see the event in Newport on 10/22 with Joe Biden and Wendell Ford being a nice place to get some PR and party support. I could also see Max Cleland from Georgia coming up to work the crowd for this guy.


posted by Stithmeister @ 11:06 PM
 
1 Comments:

Links to this post:

<\$BlogBacklinkControl\$> <\$BlogBacklinkTitle\$> <\$BlogBacklinkDeleteIcon\$>
<\$BlogBacklinkSnippet\$>
posted by <\$BlogBacklinkAuthor\$> \@ <\$BlogBacklinkDateTime\$>

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

At 9:18 AM, Blogger Rachael Clark said...
That news made my day. I think he has a good chance at winning - there were people coming from all over the place to work his campaign - lots from Kentucky. Change for Kentucky had crews working an entire weekend right before the election - I was one of those people.

I am going to the Biden event on the 22nd and am looking forward to hearing him speak. He has support across the entire country, thanks to Democracy for America. I watched him debate Jean Schmidt a couple of times and she is low class.

I will work for Paul Hackett. I want him to win SO BAD!
 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Name:
Location: Harrodsburg, Kentucky, United States

I'm currently working in the telecomm industry but one of my passions is still politics.



Weekly Poll


Drop Me A Line

Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Atom Site Feed





<

Kentucky Blogs



National Blogs



Kentucky News



National News



Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com