Democrat From Kentucky


Democrat from Kentucky
We promote fair and honest political discussion from all sides of the ideological spectrum While my own opinions and my contributors tend toward a more progressive view, that's not always the case. I ask people to comment freely and openly to promote fair discourse.
Top US stories
 


Previous Posts


Gas on the Fire!
Time on the Bench
The Michael Jackson Trial
Hello

Google


Tom DeLay Monday, May 09, 2005

What can I say about Tom DeLay that’s not already been said? His former aide and now lobbyist, Jack Abramoff is being investigated by the FBI. He’s run into trouble with Republican led House Ethics Panels. The New York Times ran a story about a Republican constituent in DeLay’s own 22nd district who spent $2776 of her own money calling for DeLay to resign. But the God-fearin’ Christian was waving guns at the NRA convention and saying “Bring it on!”
I have nothing against Christian people since I’m one myself. A good friend of mine has a t-shirt that says, “What part of THOU SHALT NOT don’t you understand?”
I think this applies to Tom DeLay. He lies and he steals. His elected authority doesn’t give him a higher power over us an exempt him from the rules he claims to hold dear to his heart. His constant abuses of our systems of government take its toll on all our citizens. He claims liberal are out to get him and this some liberal conspiracy. I tend to doubt it since lots of conservatives are wondering what his problem is. The new issue of Time (4/25/05) says “the White House is getting frustrated at his inability to fix this… and one senior White House official said he’s handling this like an idiot.” Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich says he needs to explain himself.

But he can raise money and lots of it. We love the moneymakers. A little research will tell you that a number of Kentucky legislators to Washington have taken money from the devil in Texas during the 2004 elections. Hal Rogers, who been in Congress for quite some time now took $6. Ron Lewis took $2144. Senator Jim Bunning took $10,006. Ed Whitfield took $13,014 and Anne Northup took a wopping $32,000 from DeLay’s PACs. Keep in mind one of Mr. DeLay’s PACs has been having some legal problems down in Texas. Something about getting money they weren’t supposed to get from companies so they could gerrymander Texas for the Republicans.

I love my state of Kentucky and my country the U.S. I hate to see Kentuckians in trouble or having moral problems, even if they are of the other party. Those things reflect on all of us. I’m sure when those congress people and senator took the money they intended to do good for Kentucky and figured DeLay money was ok. The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. They all need to give the money back to DeLay and say thanks but no thanks. If they don’t, then that are no better than he is and we need to get these corrupt and/or incompetent people out office.


posted by Stithmeister @ 8:57 PM
 
0 Comments:


Post a Comment

<< Home


Name:
Location: Harrodsburg, Kentucky, United States

I'm currently working in the telecomm industry but one of my passions is still politics.



Weekly Poll


Drop Me A Line

Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Atom Site Feed





<

Kentucky Blogs



National Blogs



Kentucky News



National News



Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com