Democrat From Kentucky


Democrat from Kentucky
We promote fair and honest political discussion from all sides of the ideological spectrum While my own opinions and my contributors tend toward a more progressive view, that's not always the case. I ask people to comment freely and openly to promote fair discourse.
Top US stories
 


Previous Posts


Another Week Flies By
Disaster Averted?
Where have all the promises gone?
Filibuster Battle Comes to a Head
Republicans Are Bullies
Damned Activist Judges
Go Barbara Go
It Looks Like Bolton Will Go To New York
Congress Approves Budget for Afghanistan
Tom DeLay

Google


Sunday Morning Sunday, May 29, 2005

A few things going on this weekend:

Governor Fletcher is starting to fight back in regards to the personnel issues. Stumbo keeps trucking though. Fletcher keeps claiming this is all political and it might very well be but the point is there's obviously something to all this if there's enpough evidence to get a grand jury together and to issue subpoenas for hard drives and documents. I think old Ernie might have to deal with a "waist, fraud and abuse scandal on this one. I've not read the the Courier-Journal on these stories. I get my information mainly from the Herald-Leader. A good job is being done by Jack Brammer, Ryan Alessi and John Cheeves on these stories.

Tom DeLay is getting hot under the collar(surprise) over a recent comment on an episode of Law and Order" Criminal Intent. He didn't watch the show but was told about it. Oddly enoug, a former Republican Senator, Fred Thompson is a regular cast member of the Law and Order programs as the shows' DA in NYC. Interesting.

John Bolton's nomination for the U.N. got held up when Bill Frist couldn't muster the votes to shut down debate. There's some speculation over whether Bolton will be a recess appointment. He would serve for one year and Bush would circumvent the Senate in this manner. Every president in history has used this manuever, Bush I suspect won't be any different.

Oil prices remail high although gas prices in Kentucky seem to be doing ok. I've seen prices down to $1.85 or so in various place. Lexington wasn't bad. E-town was good too. I hope everyone is having a delightful Memorial Day weekend and I'd like to give a grand salute to all those who protect us and our liberties at home and abroad. My grandfather, Jesse T. Beard flew in a Liberator and my great-grandfather Cyrus Moorman charged in the battlefield of France in the first world war. To them and so many others, thanks.

I'm in Hardinsburg, Kentucky this weekend for a family reunion. I love driving through small towns in Kentucky. So many places are have huge cities and are so densely populated. I've got nothing against those cities. Louisville, Lexington, and others are great towns but small towns in Kentucky is what I really think about Kentucky. And as I travel to visit family, whether it's Hardinsburg and Irvington in Breckenridge County or heading to Raceland in Greenup County, I love small towns in this state. It means home and friends and family.


posted by Stithmeister @ 9:01 AM
 
0 Comments:


Post a Comment

<< Home


Name:
Location: Harrodsburg, Kentucky, United States

I'm currently working in the telecomm industry but one of my passions is still politics.



Weekly Poll


Drop Me A Line

Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Atom Site Feed





<

Kentucky Blogs



National Blogs



Kentucky News



National News



Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com