Democrat From Kentucky


Democrat from Kentucky
We promote fair and honest political discussion from all sides of the ideological spectrum While my own opinions and my contributors tend toward a more progressive view, that's not always the case. I ask people to comment freely and openly to promote fair discourse.
Top US stories
 


Previous Posts


Lots's going on today: Howabout poverty in my love...
Late Night Thread
Kentucky Looked Better
Is Russ Feingold the man?
Snowed in...
Federal Judge Orders Release of Wiretap Papers
Pam Anderson Won't Be At the Derby
Cats Finally Won
Late Night Open Thread
Cheney Takes Responsibility For Shooting

Google


Impeach The Bastard... Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Once in a while, a great idea comes along and it's absolutely brilliant. If it works, it's a stroke of absolute genius. It would seem a gentleman from Rhode Island wants to impeach George Bush. As a matter of fact, U.S Democratic candidate for Senate Carl Sheeler would really like to see it happen. So much so he's made it the basis for his campaign. He's even gone so far as to draw up a version of what the articles my look like.

I spotted this one over at MajikThise. One of Lindsay's guest bloggers though this was an interesting piece. It would seem there are couple of obscure cases when state were allowed to send articles of impeachment to congress and they recognized them. It's not been done for a president but there's a first time for everything.

The precedent, while valid, is certainly obscure and probably antiquated but it's still a precedent. While I don't think it would pass muster, I think it's worthy of at least moderate lipservice.

Technorati Tags: , ,


posted by Stithmeister @ 12:48 AM
 
0 Comments:


Post a Comment

<< Home


Name:
Location: Harrodsburg, Kentucky, United States

I'm currently working in the telecomm industry but one of my passions is still politics.



Weekly Poll


Drop Me A Line

Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Atom Site Feed





<

Kentucky Blogs



National Blogs



Kentucky News



National News



Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com