Democrat From Kentucky


Democrat from Kentucky
We promote fair and honest political discussion from all sides of the ideological spectrum While my own opinions and my contributors tend toward a more progressive view, that's not always the case. I ask people to comment freely and openly to promote fair discourse.
Top US stories
 


Previous Posts


SCOTUS Orders Transfer of Padilla
Ariel Sharon Has Stroke
David Letterman Vs. BIll O'Reilly
Open Topic For Lunch
Hal Rogers Giving Up Abramoff Money
Hale Says He Won't Run For KY-3
Dana Seum Stephenson Resigns
Impeachment?
An Abramoff Poll
Abramoff Pleas And Rolls

Google


Pros & Cons on the current POTUS Thursday, January 05, 2006

I'm trying to run a little intellectual excercise here. A listing, if you would, of Good versus Bad decisions that have occured during the Presidency of George W. Bush. I'm trying to see what significant things have occured in his time in office. Some points can be argued to be beyond his control. Others are purely the results of his actions.

I'd appreciate feedback and additions to the list from all.

I'll start with the pro points:
*Provided a rally point during 9/11
*Okay.. I'm stuck for more. I'm seriously not trying to be funny.

Con Points:
*The War in Iraq (This can include several things really...)
*Response and lack of continueing support for Katrina Victims.
*Spying on Citizens via the NSA.
*Record National Deficits
*Record Oil Prices.
*The Guantanamo Bay Prisoner issues.
*Abu Ghraib Prison Scandal.
*Build up of Nuclear programs (Bomb grade) in North Korea & Iran.

I'd appreciate more ideas please. I'm trying to keep this focused on the Bush Presidency, so I'm not sure some things such as the current Abrahmoff scandal would count, since I believe it goes back pre- George W. Bush. Similarly, I can't list "America is Safer" because the lack of Terrorist attacks inside the US is a Non-event.

Give me more feedback and we'll see what we can come up with eh?

Thanks,
Greymagius

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , ,


posted by Anonymous @ 7:50 AM
 
0 Comments:


Post a Comment

<< Home


Name:
Location: Harrodsburg, Kentucky, United States

I'm currently working in the telecomm industry but one of my passions is still politics.



Weekly Poll


Drop Me A Line

Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Atom Site Feed





<

Kentucky Blogs



National Blogs



Kentucky News



National News



Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com