Democrat From Kentucky


Democrat from Kentucky
We promote fair and honest political discussion from all sides of the ideological spectrum While my own opinions and my contributors tend toward a more progressive view, that's not always the case. I ask people to comment freely and openly to promote fair discourse.
Top US stories
 


Previous Posts


Oil Prices Heading Back Up... $3 A Gallon Again?
Bob Ney Smackdown
WIlson Pickett: In the Midnight Hour
Former EPA Chiefs Blame Bush For Global Warming
Hump Day Open Topic
Supreme Court Upholds N.H. Abortion Limits
Defense Dept. Nixes Some Personal Body Armor
Cynicus's Iran Comments
Gore Takes Aim At NSA Spying
Thoughts On Martin Luther King Jr

Google


A big weekend for sports Monday, January 23, 2006

Last weekend was a big weekend for sports. I did well in somethings and not in others. My belove Kentucky Wildcats beat South Carolina on a buzzer beater. They still looked ugly but a win's a win. Then, I was enraptured almost as much when I head Duke lost, Florida lost and Louisville lost. It was music to my ears. My EKU Colonels lost too, both men and women. That sucked.

But then on Sunday, my delight ended when the Carolina Panthers lost to Seattle. I've been lousy at picking football this year. I had the Colts pegged to win it all. Then I'm rooting for my Panthers and it's the Steelers and the Seahawks.

While I don't follow either team, tonight, the women's matchup of Tennessee and Duke, the 1 and 2 teams turned out to be a lopsided whipping by Duke over Tennessee. The Lady Vols are legendary with their HOF coach.

Ah well... next week looms as Kentucky has more games with one of the weakest teams in the history of the program. How long until the NFL starts again?

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,


posted by Stithmeister @ 11:56 PM
 
0 Comments:


Post a Comment

<< Home


Name:
Location: Harrodsburg, Kentucky, United States

I'm currently working in the telecomm industry but one of my passions is still politics.



Weekly Poll


Drop Me A Line

Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Atom Site Feed





<

Kentucky Blogs



National Blogs



Kentucky News



National News



Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com